Breast Uptake of Ga-68 DOTA-TATE in a Nursing Woman with Net Diagnosis
AbstractNeuroendocrine tumors are heterogenous group of tumors that expresses somatostatin receptors on their cell surfaces. PET/CT with Ga-68 labeled somatostatin analogues has been used as an important imaging modality in the NETs. It’s important to know normal biodistribution of radiotracer to avoid misinterpretation. We report physiologic breast uptake of Ga-68 in a nursing patient.
- Ramage JK, Davies AH, Ardill J, Bax N, Caplin M, Grossman A, et al. Guidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (including carcinoid) tumors. Gut. 2005;54(Suppl 4):iv1–16
- Kowalski J, Henze M, Schuhmacher J, Mäcke HR, Hofmann M, Haberkorn U. Evaluation of positron emission tomography imaging using [68Ga]-DOTA-D Phe1-Tyr3- octreotidein comparison to [111In]-DTPAOC SPECT.First results in patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Molecular Imaging and Biology, 2003;5:42–8
- V. Ambrosini, D. Campana, P. Tomassetti, G. Grassetto, D. Rubello, S. Fanti. PET/CT with 68Gallium-DOTA peptides in NET: an overview. European Journal of Radiology,2011;80:116–9
- Hicks RJ, Binns D, Stabin MG. Pattern of uptake and excretion of (18)F-FDG in the lactating breast. J Nucl Med. 2001;42:1238-42.
- Yasuda S, Fujii H, Takahashi W, Takagi S, Ide M, Shohtsu A. Lactating breast exhibiting high F-18 FDG uptake. ClinNucl Med. 1998 Nov;23:767-8.
- Aksoy SY, Görtan FA, Özdemir E, Türkölmez Ş, Halac M, Sonmezoglu K. 18F-FDG PET/CT imaging of breast cancer in a lactating woman. Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol. 2016;35:135-6.
- Ko KH, Jung HK, Jeon TJ. Diffuse intense 18F-FDG uptake at PET in unilateral breast related to breastfeeding practice. Korean J Radiol. 2013;14:400-2.
- Kagna O, Pirmisashvili N, Tshori S, Freedman N, Israel O, Krausz Y. Neuroendocrine tumor imaging with 68Ga-DOTA-NOC: physiologic and benign variants. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014;203:1317-23
- Virgolini I, Ambrosini V, Bomanji JB, Baum RP, Fanti S, Gabriel M, Papathanasiou ND, Pepe G, Oyen W, De Cristoforo C, Chiti A. Procedure guidelines for PET/CT tumour imaging with 68Ga-DOTA-conjugated peptides:68Ga-DOTA-TOC, 68Ga-DOTA-NOC, 68Ga-DOTA-TATE. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2010;37:2004-10
All opinions and reports within the articles that are published in the Gazi Medical Journal are the personal opinions of author(s). Gazi University, Editors and the publisher do not accept any responsibility for these articles. The journal is printed on acid-free paper.